Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekend Scraps and other things

I scrapped 3 pages this weekend. Yay me! How? Well, Jason and Jacob went camping. :) The other boys and I ordered pizza last night and I scrapped and caught up on A LOT of dvr stuff! I still have about 10-12 hours worth of things to watch but that's better than the 30 I had.


And we had a yard sale yesterday. I don't know the final tally yet, but it appears we made over $300. I'm pretty stoked about that. That's all Christmas money! Wheeeee!


Ok, so here's what I did:



This one is for ScrapTag at The Scrapping Spot. Basically, we "roll a number" and pick a layout to lift by the person who corresponds with that number. I rolled Dee (former AWESOME DT member at the spot). Her stuff is always way more artsy or full or detailed than I am. Boy, it's hard sometimes! But I like it!

This one is also for The Spot - that Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader scrapbook style challenge. The 1st half of the challenge involved politics or government. I used these pictures of Paris because it's the capital of France and each of these pictures means something to the history of French government/politics. The Lourve was originally built as a palace and fortress for Philip II; the Arc de Triomphe' was built by Napoleon to celebrate his armies; and of course, there's the tomb of Napoleon himself. Boy, that was kind of creepy to be there. But it's still significant.

And the 2nd half of that challenge was to scrap a page where someone else did the writing. Eli just happened to draw this this morning. Notice that Auburn symbol on there. What in the world??? Where did we go wrong with our children? We're Alabama fans and so far 3 of them claim to like Auburn. And how did my 5 year old who can't spell his last name yet, figure out how to draw the Auburn symbol so well????

OK, I'm going to bed now. Well, downstairs. I have loads of laundry piled on my bed that need handled first. *sigh*

No comments: